Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions are entered into by and between Madisons Fitness Ltd. (hereinafter: “Madisons”) and You (hereinafter: “the Member”).
The membership entitles the usage of Madisons and the equipment and services available therein.
The membership is personal, and cannot be shared.
The Member confirms that he/she is 18 years old or older.
For persons 16 or 17 years old, exceptions are granted based on a written parental consent. Persons under 16 years of age must be supervised at all times.
The Member confirms that he/she does not suffer from health problems that would hinder exercise or prevent him/her from engaging in exercise, or that would be detrimental or adverse to the Member’s health, safety or physical condition if he/she did exercise. In case of any doubt, the Member shall seek advice by a medical doctor who should confirm the ability to exercise.
Madisons shall have no obligation to perform a fitness assessment or similar testing to determine the Member’s physical condition. If an assessment is done at Madisons, it is for the sole purpose of compiling comparative data in order to track the Member’s progress in a programme and not for diagnostic purposes.
Each Member of Madisons shall be liable for any property damage and/or personal injury caused by the Member on Madisons premises. It shall be the obligation of the Member to pay for any costs involved upon presentation of a statement thereof.
Waiver of Liability
Any and all use of the Madisons facilities shall be at the Member’s own risk at all times. The Member shall not utilise any equipment unless he/she knows the appropriate usage. Madisons shall not be liable for any injuries, physical impact or damages to the Member, or the property of the Member, or be subject to any claim arising out of the use of the premises and/or of the equipment made available to the users.
Lost Property or Theft
Madisons does not take responsibility for loss or theft of any personal belongings. Any items left on Madisons premises will be kept for a period of two weeks before being disposed of.
Code of Conduct
The Member shall respect the behavioural and operating principles of Madisons, as laid out in our code of conduct.
Suspension/Termination of Membership
If the Member behaves in a way that breaches the code of conduct, membership can be suspended or terminated at the management’s sole discretion.
Access and Security
Madisons is open Monday to Friday 6am until 9pm, and Saturday from 7am – 12pm, with the exception of bank holidays and exceptional circumstances, when times may vary. Classes are available according to times stated in the Madisons booking system. Classes and instructors are subject to change with no prior notice.
The Member is responsible for the payment of the membership. This is true even if the amount is debited directly by Madisons. Agreed price only applies if the Member pays according to the agreed conditions.
Monthly payments should be paid before each new month. The member is responsible for all payments, also in the case of automatic debits by Madisons.
If the payment is late the member will receive a reminder email from Madisons and access may be suspended. The membership continues to run even if the access is suspended. If after 30 days the amount is still not paid, the Member is in violation of the contract and the total outstanding amount of the contract will be due. Madisons may transfer the case to a debt collector, which will add additional fees.
The Member has given approval for an automatic debit from his/her account or card and the cancellation must be announced a minimum of one month before the next debit.
During seven days from the start of the membership, the Member can cancel his membership free of charge and will be reimbursed in full.
Renewal and Cancellation
Monthly membership: the membership extension is triggered by the payment of a subsequent month. If no payment is done, the membership stops at the end of the contracted month. If the Member has opted for a direct debit from an account or card, the cancellation must be announced at the latest one month before the end by sending an email to email@example.com.
Exceptional cancellation: a cancellation is exceptionally granted if the Member moves more than six miles away from the Madisons facility, on presentation of an official document to prove a change of address. It is also possible to cancel the membership due to medical reasons, upon presentation of a medical certificate.
All prices are fixed for the duration of a membership. Any prices changes will be communicated at least one month prior to implementation.
It is possible to freeze a subscription membership, with the frozen time period added to the end of the membership period. Monthly payments will still be made accordingly to the membership agreement.
Madisons may collect individual and group photos, videos, and testimonials relating to our services from the Member. We use these for various purposes, including promotional, advertising, and commercial purposes. We ask for permission to use your photo, video, testimonial, and/or any personal information that you choose to share, in any promotional material.
Madisons may use any image, written statement, video, testimonial, voice or likeness in its’ promotional materials and publicity efforts without any compensation. The member confirms that he/she understands that photos and videos may be retouched or edited and may further be used in publications, print ads, electronic media (e.g. video, internet) or other media now known or hereafter created. The member further understands that by participating in the photography or filming or providing written or verbal statements, they release Madisons and its representatives, employees, photographers, and their designees from any and all liability for violation of any privacy or proprietary rights. I further agree to the inclusion of my name.
Madisons is not a medical practice or a service offering advice from a doctor or registered dietitian. The contents of any communication with staff should not be taken as medical advice. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any health problem – nor is it intended to replace the advice of a doctor. Always consult your medical doctor or qualified health professional on any matters regarding your health.
Madisons Fitness March 2023 Prize Draw Terms & Conditions
Dated: 14 March 2023
By taking part in this prize draw, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree with any of these terms and conditions, then you should not take part in this prize draw.
THE PRIZE DRAW
- The promoter is Madisons Fitness Ltd of Madisons Fitness, 37 Perrymount Road, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, RH16 3XE (“we”, “us”, “our”).
- The prize draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
- Multiple entries per person are accepted.
- This prize draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Instagram, YouTube and/or Tik Tok from any claims arising out of or in connection with this prize draw.
HOW TO ENTER
- We will announce the prize draw via our @MadisonsOfficial Instagram page.
- To enter the prize draw you must leave a comment on our instagram competition post (which announces this competition) and tag a friend in said comment from 15.00 (GMT) on Thursday 16 March 2023 (“opening date”) and 18:59 (GMT) on Monday 27 March 2023 (“closing date”).
- Entries that are late, lost, delayed, misdirected, incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for a technical or other reason will not be accepted.
- Your entry must stay live on the Madisons Fitness instagram competition post for the duration of the prize draw.
- Entrants must be aged 18 years or over to participate in the prize draw.
- We reserve the right to ask any winner to provide proof of age.
- Our employees (and their immediate family) and those of our group companies, or anyone directly associated with us or the administration of the prize draw, are not eligible to enter the prize draw.
- Entrants must have a valid email address, a valid Instagram account, and internet connection to participate in the prize draw.
- In entering the prize draw, you agree and hereby confirm that: i) your entry is original, has not been copied and/or does not otherwise infringe the intellectual property or other rights of any third party, and (ii) your entry does not cause, or is unlikely (in our reasonable opinion) to cause distress and/ or offence to any person, group of people and/or the public.
- In entering the prize draw, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win.
- We reserve all rights (at our sole discretion) to decide if the eligibility criteria is met and/or to disqualify you from the prize draw and remove your entry post if: (i) your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the prize draw, or (ii) in our opinion you’ve breached any of these terms and conditions.
There will be one winner, who will receive the following:
The prizes include:
- An entire year of membership at Madisons Fitness, up to the value of £200 per month (two hundred and fifty english pounds). The free membership cannot be transferred for cash. The membership will begin 1 April 2023 and will expire 31 March 2024.
- A £150 Lululemon gift voucher (one hundred and fifty english pounds). This will be supplied as a physical gift voucher to be redeemed in any UK Lululemon store.
HOW IS A WINNER SELECTED?
- A winner will be selected by random draw performed by a computer process or a random draw under the supervision of an independent person.
- Our decision regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
- The winner will be notified via direct message to their social media account or email shortly following the closing date.
- We will make all reasonable efforts to contact the winner. If the winner does not respond to the direct message within 30 days of being notified by us, then they will forfeit their prize and we may offer the prize to the next eligible entrant.
- We must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation we will send the surname and county of the winner to anyone who emails a request to firstname.lastname@example.org within one month after the closing date.
- If you have an objection to any or all of your surname and county being published or made available, please email us at email@example.com. In such circumstances, we must still provide the information to the relevant authority on request.
- We reserve the right to withdraw the prize (or any part of it) if a winner breaches any of these terms and conditions or if they are found to have acted in a dishonest or fraudulent manner.
PUBLICITY & DATA PROTECTION
- We may re-post, publicise and otherwise use any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio or any other materials that you post in relation to the prize draw (including as part of the entry process or as part of a prize) or if you tag or mention @MadisonsOfficial in any such content, whether via the same platform that you posted or shared the content, as well as via other social media platforms that we use, and on our websites. We will contact you should we wish to do this.
- If you are a winner, we will contact you with further details if we want to get you involved in any publicity and/or events that we have planned.
- We will only process your personal data in accordance with our Privacy Notice which you can read at https://www.madisonsfitness.com/our-policy/#privacy-policy and as set out in these terms and conditions with regard to the announcement of the winner and fulfilment, delivery and arrangement of the prize.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Insofar as is permitted by law, we, our affiliates, agents, distributors, representatives and/or employees will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate any winner or accept liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking part in this prize draw and/or taking up the prize except where it is caused by our negligence or the negligence of our affiliates, agents, distributors, representatives and/or that of our employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
GOVERNING LAW & JURISDICTION
- These terms and conditions will be governed by laws of England and Wales.
- We and you each agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Who we are
Madisons is the trading name of Madisons Fitness Ltd. We take your privacy seriously and as such have laid out the following privacy notice in line with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
By using our facility and any of our services you agree to be bound by the policies set out in this privacy notice. We are fully committed to protecting the privacy and safeguarding the use of your personal information and we will look to keep this privacy notice updated, therefore check back here regularly to review any amendments.
What data we collect and how we use it
We collect and process your personal information (such as name, date of birth, contact information, bank account and payment information and information relating to health conditions and usage) in order to administer your accounts and subscriptions with us – to process orders, payments or applications submitted by you.
We also use it to carry out our obligations in relation to any agreement or contract you have with us including any subscription to our service, or to verify your identity.
We will not share your data with any third party other than those utilised to service our business or if legally obligated to do so. External partners (processors) may be utilised to perform tasks including but not limited to: processing payments, making bookings, marketing, accounting and account management – we agree terms with all of our partners to ensure that they all comply with high levels of confidentiality and best practice in privacy and security standards in line with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in a number of physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect from you.
Information about products and services and marketing
From time to time we may send you details of products and services that may be of interest to you via email. This is only if you opt to receive this information, via informed opt-in consent or via legitimate interest, whereby you could reasonably expect to hear from us following a recent enquiry, purchase, content download or referral from someone you know
Your rights and keeping our records up to date and accurate
You can opt out from any promotional, non-essential or marketing content at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in an email or by contacting us directly.
You may also contact us directly to request information about what data of yours is recorded by us, how it is stored and what it is. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you feel your privacy has been violated.
In general we retain and process personal data for a reasonable period following initial enquiry, purchase or the lapsing of an account with us. Certain records such as health screening forms may be retained for a longer period, in line with fulfilling contractual obligations of due care to our customers and visitors, in line with industry standards.
Third party sites, apps and services
We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites, apps or services even if you access them using links from our sites, or during the delivery of our services. We recommend that you check the policy of each site you visit, any apps you use or any third party services that you may register with.
We advise Members and visitors to take all due care when taking photographs or filming on site to ensure that no one else appears in their photos or footage. We do occasionally arrange filming or photographs for use on our Social Media or other communications. All due care will be taken to ensure that no one appears in filming or content created by us without expressing consent to be included. If you find you do appear in error, and would like an image or video to be removed from our Social Media channels or communication please contact us immediately.
Disclosing your information to others
Other than the disclosures referred to in this policy, we will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
What’s a cookie?
A “cookie” is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It records how you move your way around a website so that when you revisit that website, it can present tailored options based on the information stored about your last visit. Cookies can also be used to analyse traffic for advertising and marketing purposes.
Cookies are used by nearly all websites and do not harm your system.
If you want to check or change what types of cookies you accept, this can usually be altered within your browser settings. You can block cookies at any time by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.
We collect certain information by automated means when you visit our website, through various means, such as cookies.
Cookies enable us to understand how you use our website and this helps us to develop and improve it, as well as improving our products and/ or services in response to what you might need or want.
Cookies are either
These are only stored on your computer during your web session and are automatically deleted when you close your browser – they usually store an anonymous session ID allowing you to browse a website without having to log in to each page but they do not collect any personal data from your computer.
A persistent cookie is stored as a file on your computer and it remains there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the website that created it when you visit that website again. [We use persistent cookies for Google Analytics.]
Cookies can also be categorised as follows
Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are essential to enable you to use the website effectively, such as when buying a product and/ or service, and therefore cannot be turned off. Without these cookies, the services available to you on our website cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet.
Performance and Analytics cookies
These cookies collect information about how you interact with our website, such as what pages you visit and if any errors have occurred. The information collected enables us to improve the function of our website. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies you, but generate statistical data about your use of our Digital Properties. For example, they allow us to count visits, identify traffic sources and see which parts of the site are most popular.
These cookies allow our website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced features. For instance, we may be able to provide you with news or updates relevant to the services you use. They may also be used to provide services you have requested such as viewing a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymised.
Third Party Cookies
To improve our interaction with websites such as Facebook we sometimes embed content and borrow functionality from these websites into ours. In this case, Facebook may set cookies and this will be out of our control. To find out more, you should check with the relevant third party website.
You can manage cookies through your web browser. Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. You can find out how to do this for your particular browser by clicking “help” on your browser’s menu or by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org.
Please note, however, that if you disable cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all features and functionalities of our website.